Coffee is not only delicious, but can also help you start out your day just right. Did you know that there are also myriad health benefits of moderate coffee drinking? Coffee has a range of beneficial properties and is the most popular drink in the world. If you’re stuck trying to think of a fine gift for a friend, colleague, or loved one, consider giving a delicious, healthy gift basket of coffee. Here’s why:
- Coffee has anti-cancer properties. MSNBC reports that a Japanese study of more than 90,000 participants found that coffee drinkers were 50% less likely to get liver cancer than non-coffee drinkers. Other studies have also found connections between coffee consumption and lower rates of colon, prostate, breast, and rectal cancers.
- Coffee reduces the risk of dementia and Alzheimer’s. Studies that compared moderate coffee drinkers who consumed about three to five cups of coffee a day to light coffee drinkers (zero to two cups a day) and found that the moderate coffee drinkers were less likely to develop these degenerative conditions.
- Coffee also reduces the risk of a host of health conditions and diseases. Consuming small to moderate amounts of coffee has been found to reduce the risk of gallstone disease, diabetes, cirrhosis of the liver, cardiovascular disease, hypertension, gout, and Parkinson’s disease.
- Coffee relieves pain. The caffeine in coffee is an analgesic, which can help relieve headaches and migraines.
- Coffee can prevent dental plaque. The tannins in coffee may reduce plaque formation due to their neutralizing effect on carcinogenic foods, or foods that promote tooth decay.
- Coffee can give you a professional edge. Studies conducted by the Journal of Experimental Psychology have shown that the caffeine in coffee can help you spot grammatical errors more frequently.
To give the wonderful gift of coffee, call Leibman’s Wine & Fine Foods of Houston at (281) 940-1649. We also offer beautiful wine gift baskets and many other fine items and gourmet treats.